About the GuesthouseWelcome to paradise!
In 2018, Ben and Jan converted an existing building on their Texada Island oceanfront property to become a luxury Guesthouse, to be shared and enjoyed with visitors far and wide.
BJ’s on the Beach is a fully detached 370 square-foot guesthouse with its own fully-enclosed fenced yard. Sliding patio doors open out onto a stunning ocean view and a 230-square-foot wrap-around deck. A safe and sturdy stairwell with railing takes guests to a queen bed in the loft bedroom. Sofa in the living room with easy watching of a 40″ LED TV, DVD/Blu Ray player and lots of movie options. An adorable woodstove heats the cottage quickly, as well as an HVAC system (heating ventilation and air conditioning) that also heats or cools quickly and efficiently.
If we don’t have it, you don’t need it! Treat yourself to a luxurious getaway on our beautiful island retreat. Book your stay with us today!
Beds & bathroom:
- Queen bed, luxury sheets, pillows, duvet, blankets
- Bathrobes and slippers
- Living room sofa that folds down into a futon-style twin bed
- Spacious bathroom with a large soaker tub/shower
- Soap, shampoo, conditioner, lotion
- Bath towels, hot tub/beach towels
- Fully-equipped kitchen with full size appliances – coffeemaker, toaster, hot air popcorn maker, kettle, microwave, pots/pans, hand blender, mixing bowls, fondue set, measuring cup/spoons, strainer, various openers and more!
- Live edge dining table and stools
- Large farm style sink
- Organic coffee, tea, organic sugar, nondairy creamer, organic dark hot chocolate, popcorn, oil, assorted spices, salt and pepper, paper towels, ketchup, mustard, vegan mayo, jam
- State-of-the-art water filtration system
- Plant-based Grocery box available on request. Ask for details.
- Wood stove and firewood
- 40” LED TV, cable
- DVD/Blu Ray player and movies
- Atari Flashback game console
- Selection of cottage-themed books (hiking trails, local history, stargazing, birdwatching and more)
- Board games, cards
- Portable radio/CD player
- Full indoor soaking tub
- Free WiFi
- Hot tub on the deck
- Outdoor shower
- Deck seating
- Yard seating
- BBQ and propane
- Bicycles for guests’ use
Within easy walking distance:
- Beach access path/drive steps away from Guesthouse parking
- Easy watercraft drop off/launch via beach access
- Sanderson Trail – an easy picturesque path at the oceanfront of the property. This community path follows the shoreline of half of Gillies Bay. A few treasures along the trail include; fairy garden/community, Share Shack, otters, seals, bald eagles and the occasional humpback and orca.
- Gillies Bay – when the tide goes out a whole world emerges of endless tidal pools, starfish, sand dollars, crabs, shells, geoducks and more!
- Within an easy 10 minute stroll you will find the local Thrift Shop (Fill a bag for $1!), library, tennis courts, medical clinic, playground, ball diamond (that hosts the summer Sunday market), the Gillies Bay Store (also includes liquor, deli, post office, and movie rentals) and the Community Hall (that hosts the winter Sunday market and local events).
- For more ideas on what to do here see our Info & Activities page.